- 1 1/5 cup fine semolina
- 1/5 cup flour
- 1 1/5 cup of sugar
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One cup Milk
- Half Cup vegetable oil
- One spoon turmeric
- One tablespoon Anis
- 1 cup pistachio (or Peeled Almonds Or pine nuts for Topping)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tahini
- Pre Heat the oven to 180 c (350 f)
- Combine the Samonila sugar in a large mixing bowl, then add the flour, Turmeric, Anise and baking powder. Mix everything well.
- Add the Milk and the oil and fold together for a few minutes until well combined
- Brush the cake pin with Tahini (or butter). Pour in the cake batter and add the pistachio or the Almond on top
- Leave to stand for half an hour or so, then bake for around 25 minutes, turning the cake ¾ of the way through to get an even bake.
- Slice the cake once cooled.
Immigrant Women Services Ottawa
219 Argyle Avenue, Suite 400