PR Residency Obligation

This article addresses the following question: Once I am a permanent resident of Canada, do I have to stay in Canada?

Do I need an Immigration lawyer?

No, you are not required to hire an immigration lawyer to apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for immigration to Canada, the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) to make a refugee claim or file an immigration appeal, or apply to the Federal Court to seek judicial review of a refusal. However, even though it is not a requirement, I strongly recommend that you get legal advice from a lawyer that is personalized to your situation before making any immigration application or refugee claim.